Create Account Login to Account

Restore back to factory setting without the cd!

• Please log in to reply

Enzai

Enzai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need to restore my computer back because its not acting right and i cant find my CD.but the only setting to restore it to factory settings say i need the CD. i have a "HP Compaq dc7800 Ultra-slim Desktop PC" any help would be nice!

Advertisement

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 15,981 posts
:welcome: Enzai
If you have restore points on your PC http://windows.micro.../system-restore
Let us know if this resolves the issue but if not provide us with some information about how the PC has not been acting right.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi Enzai ... :wave: ..:welcome:
are you able to boot into safe mode

kimberly777

kimberly777

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi There! I am a 2 year self learning lap top owner! I have been having multiple blue screens and unexpected shut downs / freezes on my 2 year old Toshiba Lap top! Windows Vista 32 bit! I have learned by reading ALOT about drivers! I open up The Device Manager and find hidden drivers that have a yellow Triangle warning sign next to them ! ( 2 to be exact!) I have no clue wut 2 do about these issues ! I am still very ignorant about this stuff and would GREATLY appriciate any help u have 2 offer me! I am disabled and live on S.S.I and have no way to take my lappy to a shop and pay prices i just don't have. I have done MANY system restores and Hijack This is messed up! IE is very sticky so i use Firefox! I have Microsoft Essentials as my protection and have had many other free trial one's! I have had Spybot and Malwearbytes and other things i should not have installed on my lappy not knowing wut i was doing and trying 2 self teach self! I hope it's not 2 late for my 1st and only pc! Thank You so much 4 your time! God Bless ya! :)

Edited by kimberly777, 12 February 2012 - 06:11 PM.

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.