Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD!

• Please log in to reply

Sarath Babu

Sarath Babu

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I keep getting Blue screened when i run certain programs. I don't exactly know why. I get it when I run my Virtual Machine with a Linux distro and also when I run this game called Repulse which i just downloaded. Also I had just build this system like 2 weeks ago.

Here is the error i get.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\020712-20950-01.dmp
C:\Users\Dizz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-35833-0.sysdata.xml

Here are my system specs.
AMD FX-8120 8-Core Processor
ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance (2 X 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM
Corsair CX600 V2 600W PSU
AMD Radeon HD 5670 512MB Gfx Card
Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements

jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• Expert
  • 92 posts
  • MVP

BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000

Hi -

Bugcheck 0x1e = kernel threw an exception

BCP1 should contain the exception code, not 0x0
BCP2 should = memory address, not 0x0

It's too early to conclude hardware failure.

See if Driver Verifier flags any 3rd party drivers - http://sysnative.com...er_Verifier.htm

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Sarath Babu

Sarath Babu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I ran the Driver Verifier for over 24 hrs and my PC did not Blue Screen.

I don't know if this helps at all but I know 2 programs that will guaranteed Blue Screen my PC. One of the programs a game and the other is VMWare Player running Backtrack 5. Would you like for me to attach the dmp file from the previous blue screens?

Thanks

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Please send them by way of this as a copy and paste of the results not as a file that I have to open.
Thank you
Download WHO Crashed please.
http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

Just having had a look at your setup, what driver is installed please for your Radeon 5670 and have the BSOD only started recently OR always occurred in the VM Linux

NB.
Welcome to GeekstoGo

Sarath Babu

Sarath Babu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Here is the Crash Dump Analysis

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: DIZZ-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD FX™-8120 Eight-Core Processor AMD586, level: 21
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 8571183104 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1947058176

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 2/8/2012 1:45:27 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020712-20950-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC10)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 2/8/2012 1:45:27 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: danew.sys (danew+0x6DA)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\danew.sys
product: Razer DeathAdder USB Optical Mouse
company: Razer (Asia-Pacific) Pte Ltd
description: Razer DeathAdder USB Optical Mouse Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: danew.sys (Razer DeathAdder USB Optical Mouse Driver, Razer (Asia-Pacific) Pte Ltd).
Google query: danew.sys Razer (Asia-Pacific) Pte Ltd KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

On Wed 2/8/2012 1:38:58 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020712-18891-01.dmp
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 2/8/2012 1:34:28 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020712-21122-01.dmp

On Sun 2/5/2012 6:12:40 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020512-17472-01.dmp

On Tue 1/31/2012 1:26:12 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\013012-20233-01.dmp

On Mon 1/30/2012 6:25:14 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012912-24866-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC40)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xB71B08F, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800715C0E1)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

Conclusion

7 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

danew.sys (Razer DeathAdder USB Optical Mouse Driver, Razer (Asia-Pacific) Pte Ltd)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Apparently my mouse has been causing this BSOD. I will try to update the driver for my mouse and see if that helps at all.

Also, as for the Gfx driver.
Driver Packaging Version 8.93-111205a-132104C-ATI
Catalyst Version 12.1
Provider Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1223
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0001
Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0887
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.11399
AMD VISION Engine Control Center Version 2011.1205.2215.39827

Thanks

Sarath Babu

Sarath Babu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Also for the second part of your question. I had just recently build this PC and it has pretty much always blue screened when i ran the Linux VM and also the game. Most of my other programs seem perfectly fine.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Is this Windows VM, as it has NEVER been entirely satisfactory for Linux, it being of course just a file on your hard drive and effectively designed by Microsoft for Windows systems.

Virtual Box by Oracle (Java and Office org etc) runs Linux a lot more efficiently

Which Linux please. ?

Edited as reply post 6 from Sarath covers the point removed by edit.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Further to the above it may not be the mouse driver see this please
http://www.amd.com/u...overview.aspx#4

Check the entry - solves corrupt mouse issues.

I would still check your mouse driver but the answer may lie in the link.

Sarath Babu

Sarath Babu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I use VMWare Player and run Backtrack 5 on it. Every time I have Backtrack 5 running after a certain amount of time my pc has Blue Screened.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Please try the mouse driver and also exmaine please the link I sent from the AMD site.
I am working on it, but try those first.

I am not the correct person to asist with this in respect of the BackTrack.
I know absolutely ZERO about it.

I use Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - do not like the new Ubuntu 11, in dual boot with Vista and did with Xp.
Albeit BackTrack is of course Linux based, it has, I read, some important differences.

It would be unfair to you for me to continue.

Please post how you go on with the mouse driver update or if there is NOT an update the uninstall and reinstall.
Also do please have a look at that link from AMD.
and this may be helpful
http://communities.v...m/thread/308100

WHEN YOU POST BACK if you are still having problems and no one else has replied, I will do my best within the GeekstoGo Staff community to see if one of our experts on Linux and VMWare can help.

Sarath Babu

Sarath Babu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I just updated the mouse driver and so far it has not crashed on the game or the Backtrack VM. Hopefully this is fixed. And also regarding the ATI driver, I downloaded the auto detect and it said that I already have the latest driver for my gfx card.

Thanks a lot for your help. And hopefully this problem is fixed.

Also something important that i found when i googled was that the Razer Deathadder mouse drivers have caused BSOD for other people too and usually the solution has been to update or go back to a previous version of the driver. My problem may have been solved by me updating.

Edited by Sarath Babu, 09 February 2012 - 05:49 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Pleased to have helped in some small way, that Who Crashed is not always correct in its conclusion but it is useful to keelp in case you have a BSOD problem.

Here is another one for you, for Event Viewer, albeit windows 7 event viewer is an improvement to work with in earlier versions, this is still useful
  • Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso VEW and save it to your Desktop:
  • Double-click VEW.exe
  • Under 'Select log to query', select (as appropriate):
    • Application
    • System
  • Under 'Select type to list', select (as appropriate):
    • Error
    • Information
    • Warning
Then use the 'Date of events' or 'Number of events' as follows:

Either:
  • Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
    Type 3 in the 1 to 20 box (or any number from 1 to 20)
    Then click the Run button.
    Notepad will open with the output log.
  • Click the radio button for 'Date of events'
    In the From: boxes type today's date (presuming the crash happened today) say a week ago pls.
    In the To: boxes type today's date (presuming the crash happened today)
    Then click the Run button.
    Notepad will open with the output log.
You simply select Application and Error on one run and use the dates relevant to the problems
and then the same on System and error.
It does all the work for you
It is a copy and paste from another thread I was helping on so I do not mean you to use it NOW , just thought you may wish to keep it in your stock of useful items

Good Luck with it.

Sarath Babu

Sarath Babu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
You are welcome
Hope all is OK, if not just come back to us.
We do not close threads on GeekstoGo, they just naturally expire, so if it is the same issue simply post back on this thread.