Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to start Internet Explorer after virus removal?

• Please log in to reply

chipper1

chipper1

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Well I had a Torjan virus and I think I got rid of it. Now when I click on Internet explorer, instead of getting this Virus page now Internet Explorer will not even open. It keeps saying Can not open INternet Explorer, then says restarting internet explorer, the over and over again and while it is doing this I can not use anything else and have to CLT/ALT/Delete to even get out of that user account. IE works fine on the other user accounts but it worked fine even when I had the trojan virus on the other users anyhow. It was some kind of virus that demands money from you inorder for you to use your PC and says its locking the pc it was a ransomware virus

ANyone know what I can do?

Advertisements

chipper1

chipper1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
In fact how can I be sure it has gone? Anyone know a quick way to remove it in case I havent gotten it removed?