Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

League Of Legends Crashing

• Please log in to reply

Danny V

Danny V

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

My game is crashing, usually at the start , screen goes black , then I hear some buzzing in my headphones and finally , computer resets or I have to reset it. (Not in that particular order, sometimes it doesn't buzz, just black screen and everything frozen, or colored stripes on the screen followed by a freeze) . Anyone knows what could be causing this ? Computer specs : intel core i3 540 , 4 GB DD3 1333 MHz , radeon hd 5750 1 GB graphics . Latest video drivers are installed . It also happens in Starcraft 2 and some other games.

The first time I've got that error there was an error message on the screen saying : Not optimum mode selected, recommended mode is 1280x1024 @ 60 hz. After that I've set my settings to that resolution and screen refresh rate (My monitor is samsung sync master 710n) but the crashes still occur.

I've tried running memtest, it found no errors, computer was scanned for viruses & malware, nothing found, I've tried using the driver sweeper and completely reinstalling the drivers, that didn't help either, video card and CPU temperatures are fine. Please help me find a solution for my problem.

Thanks

Edited by Danny V, 08 February 2012 - 10:49 AM.

Advertisements

scamuicune

scamuicune

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have the same graphics card and had similar issues with it for a while. I fixed the problem by disabling driver signature enforcement during Windows startup. (For some reason, Windows and Radeon drivers don't agree often :P)

Give that a go and see if that helps.