Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

computer wont load and cant boot

• Please log in to reply

Coldsteelramica

Coldsteelramica

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello everyone i have a problem with my computer first ill tell you what i have done to it and then ill tell you what its doing now.

rite i have a hp compaq pc not the best
its running at 2.6ghz with little ram.
when it was working i installed a fresh windows xp proffesional disc to rewipe it and get it to its normal state.
after the disc installtion installed i logged onto windows as normal(everything running fine)
till i come accros my internet wasnt working so i went onto control panel, administartor tools, computer managment then device manager showing that i had no ethernet controller so what i did was try and install the disc over and over again till i got really frustrated with it and wiped both hardrives removing and adding different ones to the computer.

Rite the problem i have now is that when i load the computer up at the start it doesnt have no windows xp/7/vista or nothing on the harddrives and i cant load a windows proffesinal disc although it recognises the disc drives?:S very weird i just dont know what to do anymore.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
What is the model complete number of the HP/Compaq computer?

You need to download and install the Network driver from their web site: See here

You can do this on another computer, put the driver on a flash drive then install it on the one you're having problems with.

Coldsteelramica

Coldsteelramica

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yeh but i cant load any operating systems it wont load windows disc but it recognises the dvd/cd drive

Coldsteelramica

Coldsteelramica

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
tried what you said, you cant load the device up anyway because you cant log into windows/ there isnt an operated system installed on it so i cant do anything tbh. getting really frustrated with this and wondering if anyone has anymore help please, i have got to the part where i press f9 boot from disc and says cannot connect broadcom..... and then says please insert ito diskette (a) etc....

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
It won't read the same XP Pro disc you used before? If so then I would replace the optical drive.