Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lsass.exe Error

• Please log in to reply

speedbuggy

speedbuggy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a windows xp pro sp2 laptop. When I boot it up I get a "lsass.exe System Error". "The specified domain did not exist."
This happens also when I try to boot to safe mode, or safe mode command prompt. Have tried restoring to last know good configuation.
When you click ok on the error the system reboots. The only way I can do anything is to boot from a boot disk and get a command prompt. I have run McAffee stinger, check for sasser virus, and found nothing. Is there away I can restore a previous "restore Point" from a command prompt. Remember I can not get into windows at all. :tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi speedbuggy. Welcome to Geeks to Go. You can boot to a windows install cd but only to the DOS cmd prompt? You could try the command sfc /scannow
Note the space between sfc and the slash. That is the way you need to type it.
I found lots of stuff at M$ on this error. One link follows.

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;324049

Do a search at M$ knowledge base to find more.