Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I know if I need to replace my battery or if the motherboard bu

• Please log in to reply

vchisholm

vchisholm

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried turning on my laptop and nothing appeared on the screen. The on/off button does not glow when I push it. When my AC adaptor is plugged in, the battery light is green. But it won't boot up at all now. I'm not sure if I need to replace the battery or if it is possibly a hardware issue I'm having with my laptop. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop (L305D-S5934). Thank you!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
:welcome: vchisholm
Have you tried removing the battery and powering up with only the AC adapter connected?
One suggestion is while the notebook is powered off remove the power cord, battery and the Ram then press and hold down the power button for 20 seconds, this will disperse any static charge that may have built up in the system which can prevent booting.
If you have more than one stick of Ram try one at a time, try it in each slot then do the same with any other Ram stick/s.
Let us know any results please.

NB: Also have you tried pressing the Fn + the F5 key when powered up in case the screen has accidentally been toggled from the notebook to the external screen function.

vchisholm

vchisholm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I did remove the battery and tried to boot it up with only the AC adapter connected and that did not work. I will try the other suggestions you gave me when I get home and let you know how it turned out. Thanks again!

Edited by vchisholm, 10 February 2012 - 11:41 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Thanks for the update, good luck and keep us posted.