Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer unbootable, BartPE doesn't help.

• Please log in to reply

Geraldine V

Geraldine V

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:help:

I have this (I suppose rather common? :upset: ) problem:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
C:\windows\system32\config\system

The computer is unbootable, and I don't have the installation CD (it's preinstalled). I have a BartPE CD (that worked before when I had a login issue), but it's not working now. I try looking for other solutions but it seems like every solution requires the installation CD.

Any suggestion to help me resolve this issue or at least gain access to the files is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance! :wub:

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to GeekstoGo
Please post the make and FULL model of the computer eg. Dell Inspiron etc.

One way to obtain your files by way of documents, music and images etc is here

http://www.geekstogo...over-your-data/

Follow the guide, noting the instructions for burning the CD, as it is an ISO image file.
On that link it states download 520 Lupo, but there is a new edition so that download is not directly available on the link.
Here is the link to the 520 Lupo.

http://distro.ibibli....2/lupu-520.iso
Everything else on the link is to be followed as is.

If your basic hardware and ram is OK, including your hard drive, except for the file corrution that is stopping windows from loading then you will be able to access your data.

When you have done that or if you encounter problems please post and we will see if we can proceed with a repair of the files to allow you to regain access to Windows.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Geraldine V

It is now five days since you joined GeekstoGoand asked for help.
You have not yet replied to the advice offered.
Would you please do so when you get chance.