Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot connect to any game servers at all

• Please log in to reply

tigersvain

tigersvain

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi, i'v been having a problem with my internet since october 2011. the problem i have is i cannot play ANY games online. i own an xbox, ps3 and gaming computer all with no luck in gaming. what happens exactly is call of duty on xbox 360 i can get onto xbox live join a room to play but as soon as i am in it lags for 10 seconds or so then boots me out saying lost connection to server. thought maybe it was my xbox so i tried my ps3 which had the same effect with a different game. i'v also tried battlefield on my computer which came up the same problem, disconnected from server instantly. i'v contacted my isp several times hoping they can figure out a solution, and when i say several i mean atleast 15 times. noone can seem to figure out a solution. my speed tests all come back good, and so do my ping tests. i had a technician come out and change my equipment on the roof because i thought maybe it was faulty which never helped. and i'v also went out and bought a brand new router, which never helped either. i'v tried connecting all my systems up directly to the modem and with no luck. i'm hoping someone can help me out, thank you!!
OH and my isp is xplornet and its fixed wireless internet, also i ran this for over a year with no problems playing online and they have tried me on a static ip which did not work either.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Since you've changed all the equipment it can only be a provider issue.