Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows 2000 cannot copy paste or move icons

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I built a computer and installed Windows 2000. Everything was working fine until I installed the NWlink IPX protocol. All of a sudden, no icons would move; I couldn't copy or paste; the control panel was displayed improperly and the add/remove programs console was messed up. I erroneously believed I needed the ipx protocol to network to my XP comp. I formatted the drive, reinstalled windows 2000, and put any protocol on that I wanted EXCEPT the IPX. Everything's fine now, my comp's can talk to each other and the icons are moveable, the control panel's normal, and everything is as it should be.