Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Joke of the Day

• Please log in to reply

John Bull

John Bull

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I updated my Adobe Reader and found that I had inherited a squatter called McAfee Security Scan, a freebie. OK I thought, I`ll give it a whirl.

On clicking their beautiful icon on my desktop, up came the usual panels for doing a scan. With uncontrollable anticipation, I clicked the jolly start button and off it went, jogging along scanning my computer. On completion of the first item - it was broken into sections, can`t remember their exact titles, the scan stopped and up came a red blob.

"Oh my God" I yelled, " The Bogey Man has got me !". Well, this red blob that forecast an immediate Armageddon was defined as the greatest sin of all times - I had not got McAfee`s jewel in the crown named "Site Adviser" installed ! It would not let the scan go on until I unconditionally surrendered. I had the option of having a heart attack or rupturing myself laughing. I chose the rupture.

When I picked myself up off the carpet and allowed my shattered nerves to calm down, I hit that little "X" at the top of the scan panel and zapped it. Then I had MY moment of glory - I clicked the icon of Revo-Uninstaller, clicked McAfee Security Scan, clicked DELETE and enjoyed every second of what followed in a state of absolute ecstasy as this useless piece of hitherto unwanted software was progressively vaporized from my PC right in front of my eyes.

What a waste of time, but WHAT A LAUGH !

Advertisements