Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

'Wtndows 7 not genuine'

• Please log in to reply

baggieboy

baggieboy

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi all,

A bit of a strange query here, I have been receiving microsoft notification in the last couple of days that my Windows7 OS is not genuine and now there's a permanent message on the desktop saying "Windows 7 build 7600 This copy of windows is not genuine" . I bought my laptop from Comet with Windows 7 installed on it, as is the usual thing, 18 months ago so it has to be genuine. So is it best I go on to Microsoft and let them verify it or just ignore it and put up with the constant reminders & permanent message on desktop. I do worry that if it isn't genuine and they can somehow cancel it I will have lost mt accounts and other personal stuff.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Baggieboy

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try fix here: Windows 7 Build 7600 not genuine. How to fix problem

baggieboy

baggieboy

• Topic Starter