Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I dropped my acer

• Please log in to reply

Devonnnnj

Devonnnnj

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi ... I didnt actually know where to post this, but as the message on my Acer said something about hardware this seemed the most obvious one....

I dropped my Acer one netbook 2 days ago, and when i dropped it i had the battery plugged in and also my little internet stick, but when i dropped it i took out the internet stick ...

now when i switch it on it keeps coming up with the same message which reads:

" Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.This error can be caused by unpluggong a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by a faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-rom that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer"

I did what it asked and it keeps coming up with the same message! please help :confused:

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
:welcome: Devonnnnj

when i dropped it i took out the internet stick ...

Did the USB device snap off inside the port and if so did you remove the piece in the port.

Devonnnnj

Devonnnnj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
No it didnt snap off, the only thing that happened was the bit underneath with what i think has the hard drive inside sort of popped out a bit but I clicked it back in, i also unscrewed the bit of plastic covering the har drive and everything seemed intact

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
There are various models of your notebook acer one 722, acer one 533 for example, which specific model is yours?
You may need to remove/replace either the CD drive, HDD or worse case scenario both, how high did you drop it from and onto what type of surface?

Devonnnnj

Devonnnnj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I believe its a KAV60? :confused: it doesnt have a CD drive, because its so diddy, ooo ... i dropped in off my bed onto a laminate floor :S whoops ....

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
See if you can recognise it @ http://us.acer.com/a...content/drivers

Devonnnnj

Devonnnnj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you, had a look and its literally just called apsire one, there isnt anything on my netbook that says a model except the model KAV60 it also says Aspire oneD250-0Dk

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
Do you know if it has an SSD (solid state drive) or a standard hard drive.

Devonnnnj

Devonnnnj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have no idea, how to i find this out? sorry im useless

Devonnnnj

Devonnnnj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I managed to find this online?
Ultra-Thin D250 XP/Windows 7 Starter, some come with Android 1.6 HDD 250 GB- i looked at the pictures and this appears to be my computer, so i believe it does have a HDD yes

Advertisements

Devonnnnj

Devonnnnj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ultra-Thin D250 XP/Windows 7 Starter, some come with Android 1.6 HDD 250 GB- i looked at the pictures and this appears to be my computer, so i believe it does have a HDD yes :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Ultra-Thin D250 XP/Windows 7 Starter, some come with Android 1.6 HDD 250 GB- i looked at the pictures and this appears to be my computer, so i believe it does have a HDD yes :(

Can you provide a link to the product please.

Devonnnnj

Devonnnnj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
http://www.aspireone.../10-aspire-one/
also
http://en.wikipedia....Acer_Aspire_One

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
http://support.acer....100729_BOOK.pdf
See page 65 for how to remove and replace the HDD (it is actually page 55 but shows as 65) remove the HDD, power up and see if the message has changed.

Devonnnnj

Devonnnnj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you ever so much, ill give that a go, might be a laugh!