Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build, but no video

• Please log in to reply

Daniel Forte

Daniel Forte

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, just put together my new build: Sapphire Pure A75 MB with AMD A8-3870 APU and G. Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB DDR3 1333. Everything powers on, but nothing showing up on monitor, with a code 64 on MB LED. Re-seated the APU, cleared the CMOS on both bioses and then showed a code FF. Rebooted and now shows A6. I've gotten in touch with Sapphire tech support, they referred me to another site and have not had a reply in 2 days. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm trying to show my son how easy it can be and rewarding to build your own system from scratch.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: Daniel Forte
I am not familiar with that MB but have you connected both the 24 pin main power connection and the 12V ATX connection, this may be a 4 or 8 pin connection and if your PSU has not got a single 8 pin connection you will need to use two X four pin connections, these may have black and yellow wiring.

Daniel Forte

Daniel Forte

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

:welcome: Daniel Forte
I am not familiar with that MB but have you connected both the 24 pin main power connection and the 12V ATX connection, this may be a 4 or 8 pin connection and if your PSU has not got a single 8 pin connection you will need to use two X four pin connections, these may have black and yellow wiring.

Hi Phillpower2, yes I've connected both the 24 main and 8 pin ATX connectors. Acutally I took everything apart again and reconnected all, now I am showing code A6 on the main BIOS, and FF on the secondary BIOS, but still no video. What I also notice is that on 2nd BIOS, my keyboard has no power, and 1st BIOS it has power.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Did you rebuild inside or outside of the case?

Best couple of suggestions I can make would be first remove the MB and do a barebones set-up on a piece of cardboard (make sure it is larger than the MB) only connect the PSU, the GFX card, 1 stick of Ram and the keyboard.
IF your MB doesn`t have a power test switch you will then need to short out the 2 power on pins on the MB header to get the PSU to activate, you can use a small flat bladed screwdriver or a paper clip bent into a U shape, this is perfectly safe if you do not touch anything else, the idea is to see if we can get a BIOS screen if you do you can then add one component at a time until you find the problem component, you must power down and remove the power cord from the wall before adding a component, second suggestion try a known working PSU, it is not unknown for new components to be bad, third suggestion try and loan an ordinary PCI graphics card (not pci-e) again to try and get a BIOS screen.

Blzzzn

Blzzzn

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have the exact problem will try suggestions on the post

Blzzzn

Blzzzn

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I built it in the case a used HP mid tower

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: Blzzzn
If you try the above suggestions but with no luck can you start your own topic and we can assist you there, the symptoms may be the same but the cause may not be, do however let us know how it goes.

Blzzzn

Blzzzn

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
That's my exact problem used new MB new power supply new vid card new 2Tr HD but still no picture to screen will try the suggestions you gave and see if I get any results

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Blzzzn are you running the exact same mobo, PSU, cpu, case, video card and memory as Daniel?
Please follow Phills suggestion and start your own topic as trying to help two people in the same topic is confusing enough and especially when they are not running the exact same components.
It is not proper forum etiquette to piggy back on someone's topic even though you may feel the issue is the same. If you want to follow along fine but in order to give you the proper attention you deserve as a member with a issue we kindly ask you have your own topic where one of our staff members or other members can give you all the attention you deserve.

Daniel Forte

Daniel Forte

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thx again Phillpower2, I re-constructed inside the case, not out...and I don't have a gfx card, I'm using the new AMD apu, with the gfx built right on the cpu chip, so not sure if that makes any difference to what you're asking me to do??

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
The idea of a barebones set-up outside of the case is twofold, 1: it eliminates possible case shorts and 2: it makes adding and removing components easier, an incorrectly placed stand-off if used can short the MB but cannot be seen beneath the MB.
Yes I am aware of the video capabilities of your MB and CPU but thanks for checking :thumbsup:
Try powering up with no Ram to see if you get any error beeps, let us know how you get on with the above.

Daniel Forte

Daniel Forte

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thx Phillpower2, I'm going to breadboard the entire setup and see what happens...Btw, now that you mention system beeps, I realized that I am not getting any beeps at all during any of my investigative procedures, however, the codes are showing on the MB LED chip, not sure if that means anything.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi, any progress?
Do you happen to have a link to the MBs user manual as I am having difficulty finding one!

Daniel Forte

Daniel Forte

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, no nothing yet, I've been too busy with work today...gonna try to see if I can get this done tomorrow, but here's the link : http://www.sapphiret...verviewa75.html

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Found that page earlier but don`t see a manual there :confused: