Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help with Connecting to Servers

• Please log in to reply

christykientzler

christykientzler

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I hope this is the right place to post this... :confused:

So, ever since a few years ago, I haven't been able to connect to what I think of as 'external servers'. These include games servers such as certain games on 'Gaia', any game on OMGPOP, and interactive games like Club Penguin. (I know that it sounds juvenile but I just love the little poofles XD ) They also include my Apple 'Mail' application attempting to connect to Gmail's IMAP.

As far as computers/network providers, I have tried it on several different computers connected to my home network and none of them have worked. Also, I have tried other computers on other networks, and there is no problem. Lastly, I have taken my MacBook Pro to a relative's house and a hotel which had the same ISP, and there was no problem connecting. Not to mention, in these years, I have always had the same router.

Around 2007-2009 the same router, with an Acer netbook, and Dell "Dinosaur" worked. Around 2009 I moved cities. We had the same ISP, the same router, and the same computer, but it didn't work. In 2010, I got my Mac Book Pro, during a stay with family, and it worked well. Came back home no beans. Then we moved, and still no beans. That rules out the site, the ISP, the computer, but what about the router? Can it go bad over time? I can still connect to Gmail through my browser, and any other site. What is the problem? :help:

Advertisements