Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I incorporate images or photos into the body of an email

• Please log in to reply

debodun

debodun

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
I've attempted to look for instructions on the Internet, but when I follow them, the image doesn't appear (the copy & paste method) in the email when received, or appears as a line of text (upload image to photobucket and copy the location to the email message). I use mostly Yahoo for my email, if that matters. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Need to create a HTML email.
These, if you must create them, actually load the pictures/images off a server, and are not part of the email itself.

Bear in mind these things are considered a pain in the proverbial, because they effectively make the email 20 times bigger than it would be if you'd just pasted some text into an email program and clicked Send.

This may be of interest:
http://website101.co...end-html-email/

Edited by Neil Jones, 15 February 2012 - 03:09 PM.

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
I worked out something on my own - I signed up for a gmail account which allows images to be copied and pasted into the body of the message. Then I send it to my "regular" email account, then forward it to whom I want from there. Thanks for your input, though.