Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC messed up - virus?

• Please log in to reply

rhymin

rhymin

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I got home from being away for a few days to my PC not booting properly. Nobody has been on it and I cannot figure this out. First off, it said I needed to put my Windows disc in to repair PC. I did this about 5 times and it wouldn't work, then all of a sudden, it worked out of nowhere (even after saying "Windows could not repair this automatically"). So I was pleased to get into Windows. But once I got in, certain programs would not connect to the internet (AIM, Windows Live messenger) and mozilla firefox would say "untrusted site" for a ton of different sites that I need to get on (phoenix university, netflix...). Is this the result of it not repairing properly or could this be a virus? I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

Advertisements