Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan.zeroaccess!kmem-not letting me do almost anything

• Please log in to reply

Mudaquil

Mudaquil

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Today I logged on to my computer, and noticed that when I tried to get to get chrome up, nothing happened. I tried again, nothing. So I just said "hey, maybe it's just not working" and tried to boot up firefox. Again, nothing happened. I started to think something was up at that point. I tried every application I could find, but none of them worked.

The only thing I could get up was Norton 360, my antivirus program. I tried to do a full system scan and only came up with one virus. Trojan.zeroaccess!kmem . The risk level was very high, so I tried to get Norton to remove it for me. But as it turns out, Norton can't do that. It says I must manually remove it. But no instructions how.

The infected file it says, is in C:\windows\system32\ntos. I searched for ntos in system32, but all that came up was ntoskrnl, which was not the file I was looking for.

Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to manually remove this?Remember, I cannot access the Internet or any applications. I'm running windows vista. I'm typing from my tablet now. So, does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Advertisements