Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

INSTALLed several security programs... is it ok?

• Please log in to reply

UPLB stud

UPLB stud

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
gud day.. i have installed:
ad aware
spybot
winpatrol
ewido
AVG
TDS-3
on my system... is this fine??? or should i only one of them???.....
what should i uninstall?? what should i leave??? THANKS

Advertisements

Slimboy_Fat

Slimboy_Fat

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I would install Microsodt Anti Spyware Beta as it's got a few extra features.

Auto protect will stop them coming in in the first place. It will stop browser hijacks by telling you something is trying to change your hoime page. It has a tracks eraser to remove where you've been, what you watched.

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

Also download Ccleaner ( www.ccleaner.com ) and run the Windows tab before any scan. It will remove cookies, history etc and that will speed up scans as there is less to scan

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
you only need one Anti-Virus program, You need to choose which one you want to keep

AVG or Ewido.

Having more then one Anti-virus is not a good thing. They don't like to play well together and could corrupt each other leaving you defenseless.