Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major Hard Drive problems

• Please log in to reply

emufix

emufix

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hi,

I'm experience major harddrive problems again. This time triggered by a windows update. Latest windows update of 11 updates for my Vista operating system won't install. Losing silly amounts of hard drive space. Need this problem fixed once and for all this time. i.e. I need to know what is causing the space on my hard drive to disappear and to stop this from happening. Had to delete 2.5 gb of Hard drive space. Now after failed Window Update I have 1 gb of Hard Drive space left. Defragging IS NOT AN OPTION. Here is a link to my past history regarding a similiar Hard Drive problem experienced on the Vista run laptop Hard Drive full up, not malware caused .

So Window update has failed on three occasions now and I have had to shut down my computer and restart. Who knows what damage has been done because of this. Located in the UK if my profile doesn't make that clear.

I've been using CCleaner to clear the hard drive and clearing system restore. These fixes aren't working anymore as something else is filling up my hard drive. Can we please get this fixed this time? Urgence would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Emufix

Edited by emufix, 15 February 2012 - 02:22 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts

Hi,

I'm experience major harddrive problems again. This time triggered by a windows update. Latest windows update of 11 updates for my Vista operating system won't install. Losing silly amounts of hard drive space. Need this problem fixed once and for all this time. i.e. I need to know what is causing the space on my hard drive to disappear and to stop this from happening. Had to delete 2.5 gb of Hard drive space. Now after failed Window Update I have 1 gb of Hard Drive space left. Defragging IS NOT AN OPTION. Here is a link to my past history regarding a similiar Hard Drive problem experienced on the Vista run laptop Hard Drive full up, not malware caused .

So Window update has failed on three occasions now and I have had to shut down my computer and restart. Who knows what damage has been done because of this. Located in the UK if my profile doesn't make that clear.

I've been using CCleaner to clear the hard drive and clearing system restore. These fixes aren't working anymore as something else is filling up my hard drive. Can we please get this fixed this time? Urgence would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Emufix

emufix

You were being offered assistance with this issue by rshaffer61 http://www.geekstogo...malware-caused/ however you did not reply to his post #14 dated 27 August 2011.
This OP above may appear to some that you were abandoned without ever resolving the issue when in fact it was yourself who did not conclude your topic.
I will contact rshaffer61 to let him know that you have returned with the same issue and I am sure he will respond to the relevant topic a.s.a.p