Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus Windows\assembly\temp\U

• Please log in to reply

Jamie Carroll

Jamie Carroll

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Avast keeps telling me I have this virus and all my attempts at removing it have been in vain.I tried running a full scan and it detected a virus with the above name like 8 times and I tried to remove it. It asked that I restart witch I did then my computer wouldn't boot anymore. I did a system restore and it brought me back to a state were my computer works but the virus is still in the computer. Tried again using the boot scan and same result. Did the system restore again and it brought me back were I started. Still getting the avast alert every 2 minutes. Try running spy-hunter 4 as well and it had no luck as well but I least It didn't break my windows again. Might be worth mentioning I have the premium version of avast and spyhunter 4.

Anyway I looked around and saw some people having the same problem and the only place i found were it had been solved was here. I believe you used a program called combofix so I tried downloading that. It wont work for me. says comodo is installed and blocking it. but I don't have comodo....I did but I uninstalled it a couple months ago when I got avast. I double checked there is nothing named comodo on my computer.

Any help would be appreciated been at it for 6 hours now and it's 6am so I'm gonna get some sleep.

Advertisements