Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

delete creigslist account-please help!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I really need help to delete a creigslist account. My phone number is linked to it and i cant open another account on creigslist to use my phone number with. It tells me that my number is already being used on another account. I would greatly love any advice. If this isnt the place for this question, can someone direct me to anyone who can help?

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,920 posts
  • MVP
I don't believe you can actually delete an account. According to this page, you can unlink your phone number from an existing account, if your account is in good standing. However, the Terms of Use also state the following:

A user may maintain and use no more than one account, including a telephone or phone-verified account ("PVA"), to post content. A user specifically may not create or use additional accounts for the purpose of circumventing technological restrictions (security measures) in the posting process or otherwise for posting content in violation of the TOU.

You'll be violating the ToU if you create a new account if you already have one. If you really need help with this, I would suggest you contact Craigslist. We can't help you bypass their rules.