Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bios system setup changes to fix No boot device found , check some kin

• Please log in to reply

combs276

combs276

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I was going through previous threads and could not find a solution to my problem, first error message was no bootable device after reading hear I finally was able to get to bios setup menu and none of the options in previous threads helped, I have windows vista on an emachine product number t5224 desktop manufacture intel Corp product number d945gcl version aad75361-201 don't know if that helps , I turned on pc got error message about disk I do not have a disk, through some checking in bios it says no hard disk drive, boot device priority cd/DVD-rom is 1st followed by hard disk drive 2nd floppy 3rd Ethernet 4th I tried to change order and nothing happens, there is no removable drive order boot menu type normal what can I do to get this running please

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to GeekstoGo

Please clarify the following details

through some checking in bios it says no hard disk drive

Do you mean that even in the BIOS screens the hard drive is NOT shown.
YOUR screen amy well not be the same as this but the principle is the same

Please see post 12 on this thread
http://www.geekstogo...start-up-issue/

2. What was the history to this error of no bootable device - what has happended before - BSOD, unexpected shutdowns, chkdsk running automatically on booting etc.

3. Do you have ANY discs that came with the computer

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
combs276

You joined GeekstoGo on 15 Feb and asked for help.
YOU have never replied.
Please do so when you get chance.