Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

URGENT HELP! Website email problem

• Please log in to reply

smee2

smee2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HELP!
Apologies if I have mailed this help call in the wrong section but this is my first post and I was hoping some wise owl would be kind enough to try and help me with this problem with my newly launched website.
I have launched a website that is not designed to make mega bucks but is there to earn enough cash to pay for its upkeep and to enable me to keep it online to help people locate gas manuals as a basic one stop shop for all.
To help me keep to my low cost budget I had a guy over in India design and build my website who to be honest did a very good job for the money I could afford.
The problem:
When the customer buys a pdf gas manual by going through the payment process on my website he is finally directed to a PayPal facility to pay for it.
Once payment has been completed the customer should receive an email with a receipt and a download link to enable him to click onto that link to download the pdf he has paid for.
The problem I have is that with the few customers who have bought a pdf, none have received this email with the download link. I have contacted Paypal who say it is a fault on my website. I then contacted my website builder who says he has tested the site and it works perfect every time he has tested it. The guy I feel was trustworthy and feel he is telling me the truth in that when he tries the site it works.
So why is it not working when customers buy the pdf,s In the UK?
Any help or suggestions on what could be going wrong would be greatly appreciated.

I have contacted the guy in India but he speaks very poor English and has basically now said he has tested the website on numerous occations and it works, so tuff!

Part 2:
Once a customer buys a pdf I get an admin copy email sent to me with the link attached, but it comes to me as spammail and when I open the email and click onto the pdf link I get the following error message:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/gasma372/public_html/download.php on line 6

What does that mean?

Edited by smee2, 15 February 2012 - 01:20 PM.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hi and welcome to geeks to go!

If the email you receive is going into your spam folder, I'm sure that it is for your customers too. You may want to add a disclaimer on the website for customers to add the email address of the sender to their safe list. There are some things your programmer should be able to do to help stop them from going into the spam folder, a quick google search would be all he needs to do to find tips.

Regarding the error, I would pass that along to your programmer. This is a bug in the website and if he is an honest person, he will fix it.

Regards,

Ax