Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Chaintech Sa6600 gpu problems

• Please log in to reply

Andreib18

Andreib18

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Hello there!Yesterday i buy a new gpu for my old pc ..it's Chaintech Sa6600 (nvidia 6600) ,the card works fine without any driver but when try to install drivers ..oops ...after installer copy filles to sys32 ,comes 1st blank screen ..and the 2th blank screen remains black and my monitor in stand-by.I've tried different drivers: XTreme-G 92.91,169.21_forceware_winxp_32bit_international_w hql,LE:77.72,and the latest by nvidia site something like 238.** all of them with same results.I've also try a more powerfull psu(from 400W) to brand Corssair 500w still no results.i've delete all of the drivers with nfr,ccleaner,atfcleaner,manually,still no response.Also I am able to boot into safemode and vga mode,but if I change something moitor goes to sleep,even if I untick display modes that monitor cand support.i even reinstall windows ,What should I do ?
My sistem specification:
psu:400w 18A on 12v rail
mbo:palit 4d845al
memory:2x512 pc3200 modules ddr1
gpu: now fx5500 by Palit /problems with Chaintech Sa6600
Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Andreib18

Andreib18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
No one can help me??An ideea something...

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Hi Andreib18

That is a pretty old card so the drivers will also be reasonably old, try Drivermax and see what drivers are suggested there (you can download 2 drivers a day for free) http://www.innovativ....com/drivermax/

I am only suggesting the free driver downloads and in no way suggesting that you use any other product or service at the link.

Andreib18

Andreib18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I download drivermax,it find a version from 2011 downloaded,installed but the same problem.Thanks anyway!

Andreib18

Andreib18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Today I feel I've having a great step forward.I find this dicussion on some forum with same problem as me :

ninstall drivers in safe mode then reboot your computer. make sure you set agp to auto in bios.

after getting into windows go to display settings and the monitor tab. see if you can change the refresh rate.

I also had this problem once and had to upgrade the motherboard agp bus drivers from the manufacturer website..

the board was a cheap PC Chips 830L or something like that....
The solution:
go here http://Irellevant link deleted by me

and download this

Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility V5.02.1003

reboot into safe mode and try installing chipset drivers..

Now I downloaded intel inf and aplicattion accelerator but when try to install chipset software ..the setups closes at 10% at file C:windows/temp/845.zip (I think) ,after I restart my coputer hangs out at windows loading screen and I have to pick loat most setting that ... to be able to boot,what could be the problem ?Can anyone help me to extract files from intel inf exe or msi for me?Thanks!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Andreib18

Please understand that if you try fixes that you find at another source then I cannot help you, if you render your machine unusable by following other options that is unfortunate, I am saying this so that yourself and others who may read this thread are aware that anothers individual actions are in no way supported by myself or GTG in any way.

Andreib18

Andreib18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Ok,then I try what you propouse.