Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get AMD A6 APU to work (Radeon 6520G) on Hp Laptop.

• Please log in to reply

uu60

uu60

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
First of all, thanks already for taking the time to read my problem, any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I've been messing with this laptop for a few days now. I just can't get the drivers to work for my Radeon 6755G2 GPU/APU to work. The 6755G2 is a hybrid graphics combo from radeon with a 6520 integrated card and a 6750 dedicated GPU. First Thing I tried to do was install the driver from the hp website (Laptop is an hp DV6-6145ca) and it did nothing.

At startup all I got was a message "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware."

Then tried to uninstall that driver, ran driver sweeper to clean remains, deleted and reinstalled the 2 gpus in device managher, and tried a less recent driver from the HP website. (Mosty recent one was version 8.861.1.2000, less recent ones where 8.832.3.0 and 8.822.4.0). But all I got was a bluescreen at startup which required me to restore in safe mode. This happened with both older drivers.

Once Again, driver sweeper, device manager uninstall and then I tried getting the drivers directly from AMD's website (tried first for the dedicated GPU : Catalyst 12.1) And still nothing. Then tried adding the driver for the 6520 (APU) from amd's website, still nothing.

Uninstall, driver sweep etc., tried with first driver from hp's website again, and all I get is the same message about nothing being installed.
I had both of these working perfectly before format, so I can't figure out what the heck is wrong. Can anyone help me please?

I've also tried the ATI Preview drivers (beta's)

Just to clarify a bit of stuff about my system
Hp DV6-6145ca laptop with AMD A6 Processor and Radeon 6755G2 GPU (Both a 6520G APU and 6750 Discrete GPU).
device manager continously shows Error code 43 On both APU and GPU

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
http://h10025.www1.h...ct=5177789#N255

Link to Hp above and unless I read it incorrectly the driver 8.822.4.0 is NOT for your graphics.
If you expand the driver information I think you will agree.

So if I am right that one is a non starter.

If you still have NORTON as your security, that is No 1. Favourite.
Disable it whilst downloading and installing.

No 2 favourite is your Firewall if it is NOT windows.

If no success.

When you download or install HP software and drivers, ensure you read all the instructions and system requirements. There may be special instructions for using some files.If you have downloaded a file and there are problems when you run it, confirm you are correctly following all of the steps and noting any prerequisites (for example, some drivers require a BIOS update before they can be installed.).
  • Adjust other programs running on your system that may be conflicting with the install process (for example, firewall and antivirus software). Temporarily disable such programs or modify their settings while you download files. If there are still problems, restart the computer and try to install again.
  • Delete the files you downloaded, clear the Web browser's cache and temp files, and repeat the entire download and install process.

Additionally on a relatively new HP always take your drivers from the HP site, unless of course it is added hardware.
HP releases driver and software updates once the software is tested on the appropriate HP computers. Further, some components in HP computers, such as video chipsets, may be slightly different than the components available directly from the third party or original manufacturer. HP recommends installing the latest update available on the Software Download page for your model

If it still fails - I suggest you try this - albeit I am not a great believer in such things
If you have it installed and I think it was default run the Hp analysis
Most known hardware driver and software problems can be resolved by running the HP Support Assistant. HP recommends that you run the HP Support Assistance maintenance and troubleshooting tools
on graphics video and display.
Top right I think on the GUI

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
uu60

It is now some 9 days since you asked for help
A reply was posted the same day as your request, but you have never responded.

Please do reply to your topic, when you ask for help.
Thank you

romcos

romcos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I have this problem as user uu60.
My NTB is Pavilion dv6-6130ec A6-3410MX 2,3GHz with vga AMD Radeon HD 6755G2 (HD 6520G and HD 6750M hybrid crossfire).
After start notebook, from original HP image, and after finish install notebook goes to blue screen.
After few restart, windows start, but vga 6750 is stopped with error. Only 6520 running.
I uninstalled vga drivers, installed new from amd and problem is back again.
New bios was upgraded on notebook, nothing new. Then I test fresh install of windows, problem is back again.
I think, vga chip is bad...

I don't understand your bad advice how, Turn off antivirus, firewall, clear cache, and other stupid things.
This advice you can talk if you don't have any skills in IT....