Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC won't turn on after crash and shut down

• Please log in to reply

Evorglens

Evorglens

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys and girls, i hope you can help. My pc wont switch on, i was rendering some images on my gpu and decided to let it cool for a bit so switched to cpu. The pc shut down as soon as i done this and then wouldn't switch back on. The fans and lights come on very briefly but then nothing. So, i have tested the psu and it failed on the sata/molex output, pulled out a new psu and same problem, won't boot. So after removing everything except the cpu 8 pin and mobo 24 pin it did the same, but with just the 24 pin connected i get power to all fans and lights but obviously nothing else as the cpu has no power. I've come to the conclusion that it's either mobo or cpu. Any ideas without having to remove the cpu or board? Hope this is enough info. Cheers

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:welcome: Evorglens

You need to provide information about your computer, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable others to better assist you.

It is a fair assessment on your behalf that it may be the MB or CPU, possibly both and it may concern the +12V supply/circuit to the CPU itself.