Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU Usage hovers between 60-100%, frequently spikes and stays at 100&#

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No what I mean is something like this HERE

Advertisements

mdugan2

mdugan2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ah got ya. No, I don't have one but I will purchase one and give it a shot. Hopefully I can find one for cheap in SA, electronics are one of the few things that cost way more in South Africa than back in the good ol' USA. It's strange how this issue has started to be a problem just recently, though. Any reason why I should need one of these all of a sudden? Age? Fan being clogged with dust/crap?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Could be age and the fan clogged up. When was the last time you blew the laptop out with a can of compressed air? With a laptop it is a little more difficult but it can be done.

mdugan2

mdugan2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I did it about a year ago, but it was a very precursory sort of cleaning. I didn't disassemble anything, just focused mostly on the keyboard, ports, etc. I will add a can of compressed air to my shopping list.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 18 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.