Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD error after CPU install

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah that nvidia mini sys driver is the problem and probably needs to be updated.

Advertisements

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
rshaffter really?? Is that his video card driver or network driver?
oh also did you see the speed fan picture that i attached i wasn't sure if i did that right.

also rshaffter i updated the nvidia just a few minutes ago. The driver version is still the same. 285.58 which is what who crashed is showing.

**update**
Finally after hours of trying to make it crash,

while on youtube playing a 1080p full size video, 2 mins in.

0x0000008E (0xc0000005,0x8054bfd2,0xb5c99aa8,0x00000000

Edited by Macboatmaster, 20 February 2012 - 08:55 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

oh also did you see the speed fan picture that i attached i wasn't sure if i did that right.

Not attached.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Explanation of bug check code below.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

rshaffter really?? Is that his video card driver or network driver?

Video card driver

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
geez guys, I'm so lost here. The drivers I have for the video are the most current for that series 9800GT. I'll look again at EVGA to see what they have.
I mean why would the video driver give problems if the only thing that has changed is the BIOS?? Its like he was better off with the duo chip instead.
I might need help loading the speedfan picture i thought i could just easily attach it. Is there another way. Not to knowledgeable when it comes to this area lol.
maybe it's what MAC said, maybe the PSU wattage is too low to handle the new CPU??? because that video has been there for a few years.
I'll open it up tomorrow after i get out from work. But if you guys can give me an idea on how to get the picture i took of speed fan so you guys can see.

**one more thing guys sorry for being a pain**
Since these knuckle heads didn't bother telling me which model intel chip this is. Because now i'm reading the old posted and i saw that MAC had ask to check the cpu compatibility list and these guys didn't respond back, My main question would be if i go to asus and look up the model and it isn't on that list for example i see a
(Core 2 Quad Q6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB,L2:2X4MB,rev.G0,4 cores) and the one in the machine is a
(Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8400(4M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)
which mind you that's what i think it is and i don't see that on asus list for this board. Could that be the problem?

Edited by randomkaoz, 21 February 2012 - 05:13 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Follow the instructions for Speedfan as it tells you exactly how to save and upload the picture. The picture has to be saved as a jpeg file type or it won't attach.
Just to verify your driver is the most current please do the following.

Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
oh sorry man, i saved it as a bitmap. Ok i attached it again as a jpeg heading to EVGA right now to see what video drivers they have up.
thanks rshaffer i'm going to give that program a run. Where the heck do you find all these cool tools ;)

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

Ok i attached it again as a jpeg heading

Well it is still not here - the speedfan results

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Ok MAC i think i got it. Also guys I went to EVGA and found a 295 driver beta of course. But i guess its better then nothing.
Because the only non beta is the 285 which is the one that is giving the Blue screens. Im going to run a few test as well to see if i can make it crash yet again.

Attached Thumbnails

• speed fan.JPG

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I will leave the analysis of speedfan to my colleague.

However, besides the CPU fan, how many fans are fitted to the system - ie case fans.

Advertisements

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
4 fans in total are on the case. 3 of them that are 80mm LED and one I would say 120mm LED on the back. there are also
2 LED rod lights.
So far i got to open about 9 tabs all with moving ads and videos, while playing two 1080p vid on youtube, running windows media player and going through pictures of facebook. Something this machine hasn't been able to do since the blue screens started.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK strange you have 2 3.3+ voltage readings. One is none existent and the other is right on where it should be.

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
yeah that caught me by surprised too. Yet in the BIOS it doesn't show up. The PSU is from PC power and cooling, i have another one in my rig as well. I just might check that one to see if it shows the same. both PSUs are from the same year.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What doesn't show up..the 3.3 voltage or the one that doesn't show anything?

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
the one that doesn't show anything. But that second Vcore voltage that doesn't show in the BIOS either.
I've seen that reading from other intel core 2 quad users and the number on theirs isn't that high.
highest i've seen is about 2.10

Edited by randomkaoz, 21 February 2012 - 01:54 PM.