Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD error after CPU install

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah but it bothers me it shows nothing on that voltage at all.

Advertisements

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Well its been a few hours and over 10 HD videos that I have played through it. It seems stable now, for the next few days rshaffter i'm going to hold on to the computer and continue to use the drivermax. Figure i might as well install doom 3 but everything on max setting and have at it. See if it acts up with that, but so far so good.
As for the voltage....I'm a little lost on that, since there is no way of me knowing if it has always been like that.

This is what came up on one of my brothers computer. His PSU is from antec one of those green editions. Its showing the same thing.

Attached Thumbnails

• speedfan.JPG

Edited by randomkaoz, 21 February 2012 - 04:54 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I will watch for your post to see how everything works.
I would not believe this has always been like this since the issue just recently started.
It has to be some type of hardware issue from what I am seeing.

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Here is my rig, that extra 3 voltage is almost the same but i have a .02 where the other psu's don't show anything.
my psu is a PC power and cooling also.

Attached Thumbnails

• speed fan.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this:

Please download and run Hardware Monitor
Installation (setup version only)
HWMonitor is a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors : voltages, temperatures, fans speed.
The program handles the most common sensor chips, like ITE® IT87 series, most Winbond® ICs, and others. In addition, it can read modern CPUs on-die core thermal sensors, as well has hard drives temperature via S.M.A.R.T, and video card GPU temperature.

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
ok here it goes.
guys i just want to thank you both for the help. Really it means a lot I never had response like this and so much info.
Hey rshaffer, is there some where i can go to learn more about this HW monitor. Like i have no idea what is the difference from the other TEMP readings. I know which one is the CPU and MB but the other two are confusing me.

Attached Thumbnails

• hw.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'll see what I can find for you. :thumbsup:

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
that driver max is working wonders. Today is the day that i put the computer to the test. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great to hear and I will await your results :thumbsup:

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Re your post 51 Hardware Monitor
This is the forum for the PRO version
http://forum.canardp...-Official-forum
but see this
Does the Pro version of Hardware Monitor report more monitoring information than the classic and free version ?
No, the two programs have the exact same monitoring capabilities.

The difference is that support questions for Pro are answered, by email but NOT for the free version.

Advertisements

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thanks MAC for that info on HW

So it played doom3 for an hour and a half test with no problems, i even so a bunch of youtube videos and played some flash games just to see if it would act up and nothing.

I did however out of the blue got a blue screen error pointing to Kmixer.sys. You know if it isn't one thing its another lol.
But from what i read its a windows related issue which could be from the sound drivers i downloaded for the board when the computer has a sound card, so maybe a conflict happen. But it only happened once and never appeared again. As for the video driver crashes, those had stopped.

I can't believe how video card drivers can effect a BIOS update like that, as if they do this on purpose so you can buy new parts or something.

But yeah guys i think its looking pretty stable, so today the computer is going back to its owner to see if it holds up. I'll keep you posted monday after he runs it to the ground lol.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for the update and we will continue to monitor this topic for you. :thumbsup:

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
haha, ok guys now a new BSOD error is coming up.
I can't believe this. win32k.sys is coming up in who crashed. No more is the nvidia driver giving a problem. Out of the 4 logs its all been win32k.sys now.
Im looking up a fix for this but any input like always is much appreciated. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

If you've recently been getting errors with win32k.sys it's recommend you unisntall and/or re-install any programs recently that may have generated this error. If this does not resolve your issue or you have not installed any program recently try recovering Windows back to a recent backup of Windows.

Any new programs installed since February 24th?
If not you may want to do a system restore back to that date and see if it resolves the issue.

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
just the regular software that was in there since the beginning. For a few days its been fine then he said today 7 crashes happen and who crashed logged 4 entries with win32k.sys