I switched to a new ISP one week ago and am now having Internet speed issues that I am unable to diagnose. When the new ISP service was started, my Internet speeds were 33+mbps. Over the past 24 hrs., that has been reduced to <10mbps. I have been in touch with tech support about this, but their suggestions have not produced the desired result.
My setup is as follows:
2 Windows XP based desktop PCs networked via the router provided by the ISP. Router is a Zyxel Q1000Z. Both PCs/Systems are Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002, Service Pack 3.
The second PC is running fine. Still hitting 33+mbps. It's just the one on my desk (of course) that's having the problem.
I have rebooted my PC into Safe Mode and run speed tests as well. They remain the same, <10mbps. So I don't believe it's any of the hardware connected to the network, i.e., printer, wireless for cell phones. Haven't downloaded any new software since I started the new service, so I don't think it's any programs.
If there is additional information needed to help diagnose this problem, please let me know.