Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp cannot start up normally

• Please log in to reply

huijing

huijing

• Pip
  • 2 posts
when i try to start up my computer a blue screen flashes really quickly so i can't see what it says, then it goes into the sorry for the inconvenience screen where i get the options to start in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last good configuration and normally.
the last two won't work but i can run in safe mode. i did not install any hardware or software the last time i used my computer. the only thing i can think of is i may have bumped it a little while moving it around because it's a laptop.
i'd really appreciate any help because this isn't my computer and if i can't fix it im in really hot water.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you can get safe mode with command prompt, try here

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;304449

huijing

huijing

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i tried a system restore but it still didnt work.
i did the system restore in safe mode...not with command prompt