Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sata drivers

• Please log in to reply

Pa1n

Pa1n

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hello all am new here to the forum.. hello fellow forumers ;)
K bak on topic here I have a Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 nforce4 mobo now i cant install sata drivers for my drive and ive already tried going thru the windows repair part, all it does it takes me to the repair screen then It just ask me to put password and takes me to the c:\windows right now its loading windows but in ide master channel four b4 it would not do that Ive already tried lots of diff things help!!! kthx help very much apreaciatiated :tazz: ;)

Edited by Pa1n, 02 June 2005 - 06:59 PM.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
What do you mean by master ide channel 4?
Do you have more than one hard drive in the system?

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

What do you mean by master ide channel 4?
Do you have more than one hard drive in the system?

View Post

yeah only one drive on my computer it will load in ide channel for but i gota disable sata\raid in order to do so it wont or it wont boot
:tazz:

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Ok here is a pic of my device manager shouldnt it read scsi]sata devices in there?ide_devices.JPG I noticed it says Parallel ata controler(PATA) shoulndt it read sata?

Edited by Pa1n, 03 June 2005 - 06:53 AM.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
What is your drive - serial ata or parallel ata?
When you said you had to disable sata/raid in bios in order to boot, do you mean you disabled the sata/raid controller completely or just removed it from the boot priority list?

If its completely disabled, then that would explain why scsi/sata doesn't appear in device manager. In any case, the sata controller should be under the scsi listing not ide ata controllers.

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Well in boot priority list default is bootable add in cards. but then it also has my hard drive listed there as ide channel 4. thats with the Ide\sata raid fucntion disabled... which is default mobo settings are enabled, but if I enable it I cant boot too windows it used to be on Here are some screens Here are some screens taken from the manual also link here. edit: if i disable "ide\sata function", serial ata below it stay to enabled see diagram 2-3 on pg 36 http://www.giga-byte...al_k8nf-9_e.pdf

I already tried to do a rapair of windows and loading the drivers and still no luck, If i enable ide\sata raid function I cant even get to the windows repair screen says no hardrive detected and that setup will quit press f3.

Attached Thumbnails

• INtegrated_peripherals.JPG
  • boot_seq.JPG

Edited by Pa1n, 03 June 2005 - 12:49 PM.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
If your only running one drive you need the ide raid "disabled" in the bios.

The nvidia chipset embeds raid/sata/ide all in a software solution thats why it shows up in your device manager as being on a IDE channel...cause basicly it is

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
OK thanks for the pics, they're useful.
I know I'm probably being stupid, but can you confirm whether your drive is IDE or ATA though as I'm still not 100% clear.

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

OK thanks for the pics, they're useful.
I know I'm probably being stupid, but can you confirm whether your drive is IDE or ATA though as I'm still not 100% clear.

View Post

its an sata drive .. the thing is that this comp is not old got it like 1 month ago when i got it the bootable add in cards was set as default and ide\raid function was enabled.. but then I choose load optimized defaults and thats when all of this started :|

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Let me get this straight then - you have one drive installed (sata) in the system. You have windows running on that drive & you can boot into windows ok.
Is that correct?
Also, do you have any optical drives, if so, on primary or secondary IDE controller?

Advertisements

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Let me get this straight then - you have one drive installed (sata) in the system. You have windows running on that drive & you can boot into windows ok.
Is that correct?
Also, do you have any optical drives, if so, on primary or secondary IDE controller?

View Post

Yea i have one s-ata drive and i can boot to windows ok if i disable ide\raid fuction , when i got system it was set to enable and boot priority device was bootable add in cards. as far as optical drives I have one running as primary ata channel thats what it says in device manager

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
OK, I'm clear on the config now. I'm gonna sound really slow on the uptake again, but if windows etc is working, raid is disabled (which it would be for only one drive), then what exactly is the problem?

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

OK, I'm clear on the config now. I'm gonna sound really slow on the uptake again, but if windows etc is working, raid is disabled (which it would be for only one drive), then what exactly is the problem?

View Post

OK well my computer aint running as fast as it was b4.. i mean reason i could tell is that i use this comp for gaming and.. maps would load really fast now they take for ever... is there a prog that helps u bench speed of hds?

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
http://www.attotech.com/software/

http://www.simplisof...?request=HdTach

http://www.pcpitstop.com/

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Yeah, theres loads. One small one that just does drives is HDTach, download it from here :
http://www.majorgeek...ownload672.html

This is a shareware program so the write test is disabled but you can read test with it. Remember to click the 'large drive check' if its asks you (This version may not, I can't remember)