Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sata drivers

• Please log in to reply

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
OK guys here I am yet again and just want to let u guys know my hd came in and already setup the raid currently windows cd is formatting both hd and its at 80% hopefully everything will go smooth from here and be back in line on my own comp atm on my bros comp ok so once it done formating leave cd in so it can install windows correct or will it do it right after format? .. also once it does install win i remove win cd and start normally coorect? :tazz:

Advertisements

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
ok guys back yet again one more time let u peepz know u guys are really helpfull, I setup the raid now and installed windows smooooootly no problems, now all I need is proggies to test speeds for hd would be very much apreciated :tazz:

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
try pcpitstop.com, they have a battery of tests available. have you installed your mobo drivers, etc?
also make sure you run windows update, get all the patches, service packs, etc.

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

try pcpitstop.com, they have a battery of tests available.  have you installed your mobo drivers, etc?
also make sure you run windows update, get all the patches, service packs, etc.

View Post

Yeah I just installed mobo chipset drivers no worries there I will run win update in bit hehe thx tho all u been very helpfull ;).. on avg what speeds should my raid get now b4 it was slow if u go back and to check pix in thread :tazz:

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
OK back again. did some quick test on pc piptop and dl a proggy that a fellow member who had helped me out ealier gave me a link to ..thx samm Here are screenies.

OK first one is PC pitstops test and second is a drive test before it was setup for raid and the last one is one screenie raided. Are speeds good? :tazz: ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• pc_pitstop.JPG
  • non_raided.JPG
  • raided.JPG

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
those numbers look pretty good to me! the HDtach score, your a good step above normal sata150.
I cant quite read the number for uncached speed on the pcpitstop pic. what does it say?

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

those numbers look pretty good to me!  the HDtach score, your a good step above normal sata150.
I cant quite read the number for uncached speed on the pcpitstop pic.  what does it say?

View Post

109mb/s did u click on it :tazz:

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
I did click it, took it full screen, but Im on my pc at work, so the picture was kinda blurry (4 year old onboard video).

109 is a great score by their numbers!

sounds like you got a winner system :tazz:

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

I did click it, took it full screen, but Im on my pc at work, so the picture was kinda blurry (4 year old onboard video).

109 is a great score by their numbers!

sounds like you got a winner system  :tazz:

View Post

THX...now I only need to run same games on it i play ut2k4 heh cant wait to try out some maps see how long it takes em to load... ;)