Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB and Monitor not working

• Please log in to reply

HPDeskJet

HPDeskJet

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, wall of text, I have a custom built computer, everything was working fine and dandy. I left the computer on when I went to work, came home, mouse, keyboard, and monitor not working. Opened it up, cleaned all the dust out, checked the parts, reseated everything, still no dice. Received a computer from a friend, when I plugged it in low and behold, same problem. USB's and monitor not working. Did some thinking, thought maybe my power outlet was broken somehow. Took my friends computer to the other side of the room to a different outlet, plugged it in, everything fired right up and worked. So I took my computer to the same outlet and it still wasn't working. I thought maybe I fried something out due to inadequate power from the faulty outlet. Replaced the mobo, still same problem. Took out the graphics card, still not working. I am completely stumped.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts
:welcome: HPDeskJet
Good trouble shooting done already :thumbsup:
What is the brand and model of your PSU (power supply unit)
Borrow a known good PSU if you can, if not take yours to a qualified tech who has the appropriate diagnostic equipment and knowledge and let them check it out.

I also suggest you have a qualified electrician check out the suspect socket, you can replace a PC but not your life,stay safe <_<