Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DNS Lookup Failed, Connection Interrupted, Etc...

• Please log in to reply

pz3shwks

pz3shwks

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I keep getting all of these error messages when I use my internet connection. I also get kicked off of Xbox Live every 40 minutes or so. So far, I've tried resetting everything, I've flushed my DNS and renewed my IP, I've set my DNS to Google's site (the 8.8.8.8 thing). None of this has fixed the problem.

I mainly use Google Chrome and I'm using a Netgear WNDR 3700v2, which I suspect it is the problem. I didn't have many connection errors until my other router died and I had to buy a new one. Even with my computer connected directly to the router, I tend to get these problems, although not as frequently as with my wirelessly connected computer.

Is there any other tests I can try, I hope I haven't wasted $160 on some junk router.

Edited by pz3shwks, 17 February 2012 - 05:02 PM.

Advertisements

risingphoenix1985

risingphoenix1985

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Hello,

Can we try some troubleshooting on this? I'm guessing that it's a conflict with one or more devices on your network.

Can you unplug everything from the router (including wireless devices). Once everything is unplugged, can you plug in one device and use it for an hour or so? After the hour, plug in another device and use it for an hour.

Hopefully as you go through these steps you will be kicked off the internet which will give you an idea as to which device is causing the problems.

Let me know how you get on.