Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

JPEG saving as Bitmap

• Please log in to reply

Hansvel

Hansvel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was wondering why after opening an image in internet explorer, which is in jpeg format lets say around 250kbs, saves as a bitmap image nearly three or four times the size after about 4-5 minutes of not being saved/closed out. From what i've read people give a kind of quick fix, emtpy your internet exploer temp file.. delete cache what have you, i'm not really looking for a fix becuase i doubt there is one, the obvious would be to just save the picture when you open it, but i basically just want to know what causes that. windows vista, xp, internet explorer 8-9. Happens on all my computers. Any response would be appreciated thanks.

Advertisement

Barbarian

Barbarian

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Hi Hansvel and :welcome:

So you've tried the solution suggested by Microsoft: Internet Explorer saves images as bitmaps (.bmp Files) ?