Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

JPEG saving as Bitmap

• Please log in to reply

Hansvel

Hansvel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was wondering why after opening an image in internet explorer, which is in jpeg format lets say around 250kbs, saves as a bitmap image nearly three or four times the size after about 4-5 minutes of not being saved/closed out. From what i've read people give a kind of quick fix, emtpy your internet exploer temp file.. delete cache what have you, i'm not really looking for a fix becuase i doubt there is one, the obvious would be to just save the picture when you open it, but i basically just want to know what causes that. windows vista, xp, internet explorer 8-9. Happens on all my computers. Any response would be appreciated thanks.

Advertisements

Barbarian

Barbarian

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Hi Hansvel and :welcome:

So you've tried the solution suggested by Microsoft: Internet Explorer saves images as bitmaps (.bmp Files) ?