Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant delete file.

• Please log in to reply

Phatboylee1

Phatboylee1

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
The otehr day i downloaded a video from a friend. He accidently sent me the file for Ipads, one we realised the error he sent me the right file. Now when ever I try and delete the wrong file I cant. When I open the folder it is in I get the message "windows exploere has stopped working" then "windows exploere is restarting." I have tried doing it in safe mode some thing. I have scanned it with every malwear, and antiviruse i can says it clean. I dont care if I cant delete the file but I need to acess other files in the folder it is in. Any help will be awesome!

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Try MoveOnBoot. This program lets you tag files and/or folders to be deleted very early during the next reboot, before [hopefully] any other program can put hooks in it.

Phatboylee1

Phatboylee1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I just tried using that program. When I clicked on the folder it was in it too said "an error accored and this program will shut down.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Maybe you better have one of our Malware Removal experts have a look to make sure you are not infected with something. See our Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide for instructions.

Phatboylee1

Phatboylee1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thanks for the help iw as able to get it deleted, dont know how but its gone and everythign si workign fine, thanks!

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Good and thanks for the followup.