Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

netbook won't find wireless networks

• Please log in to reply

lefthanded

lefthanded

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello All,

I have a samsung N130, a while ago the connection dropped suddenly and couldn't find any wi-fi connections. I'm using a D-link Usb dongle and I can find all the networks.

After trying everything, I was convinced that the Atheros chip is faulty, so I bought a new one, but it didn't work...so I tried my Atheros on an another netbook and it worked fine.

It can't be an OS problem since at the beginning of the problem i did a factory settings restore and tried Ubuntu, all of them had the same problem.

Sometimes it is able to find near wi-fi networks for a minute but it won't connect.

So if anyone knows what's the problem i would really be thankful, I've disassembled my computer to see if there's something wrong with the Antenna, everything seems fine. it 's very confusing and i can't find any solutions!

Thank you!

Advertisements

etaf

etaf

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
is this still a problem