Hi GwenAnn, welcome to Geeks to Go. My name is blmadara and I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient with me as I am still in training and my responses will have to be reviewed by an expert before I can post them.
I'd like to go over some things that will help both of us.
Step One: Run OTL Custom Scan
- Read each of my posts entirely before performing my instructions. It would be helpful if you printed my instructions so you can read and check the steps as you perform them.
- Follow the steps exactly in the order posted.
- Please don't be afraid to ask questions. If you don't understand something, let me know before continuing.
- If you can't perform a certain step, or you're unsure about what to do, please stop and let me know.
- It is very important that you stay with me until the end so we make sure that we have removed all the bad stuff.
- Please don't attach any logs to your posts unless I request it. It is easier for me if you copy and paste the logs into your reply.
- Finally, never fix anything using other programs on your own. This can hinder my ability to see what is wrong with your computer and make it harder to clean your computer.
to your Desktop
Step Two: Run aswMBR
to your desktop.
What I need in your next post:
- Double click aswMBR.exe to run it.
- When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions please select, No.
- Click Scan to start the scan.
- When the scan ends click Save Log and save it to your desktop.
- Post the log in your next reply.
1. The reports from the OTL scan, OTL.txt
2. The log produced by aswMBR.exe.