Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Warning 'msikqw32.dll is missing' on startup

• Please log in to reply

Ganjafinger

Ganjafinger

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was working through a tutorial to help my laptop run my music software better and also changed the Windows theme. Somewhere along the way, a .ddl file called msikqw32.dll has disappeared. I have Googled the name of the .dll hoping for an easy fix but Google doesn't bring up a single result for it which is why I'm turning to you guys, the fact that there isn't a single search result for it makes me more than a little worried :help:

Advertisements

spike350

spike350

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have the same problem but it came from reinstalling vista here's my topic with the same thing: http://www.geekstogo...77#entry2123277

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Ganjafinger

Welcome to GeekstoGo

If you can still load Windows, system restore to a date before you tried this enhancement.
Generally speaking you are well advised to stay away from such programs unless you can see that they are well tried and tested.

If you cannot load windows even in Safe Mode then either boot from the Vista or 7 disc and in Repair Your computer select system restore or if you do not have the DVD as the system was preinstalled Key F8 choose Safe Mode
If that does not work choose Last Known Good
If that does not work choose Repair Your computer and then System Restore.

http://windows.micro...uding-safe-mode

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Ganjafinger

It is now 6 days since you joined GeekstoGo and asked for help.
You have yet to reply.
Please do so.
Thank you