Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Terrible Performance during Games [ISSUE]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Tony Stovall

Tony Stovall

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have a decent computer. Just to say that. Ok, well basically I like to play games on my laptop like most people. And I genuinely play the same games (not browser based games) like online installed games. My computer hasn't had problems running games from the start and I know that my graphics card isn't the best in the world but the problems have appeared out of no where.
So I know its most likely not my drivers and specs that are the problem, not outdated not meeting requirements. I've deleted partition completely restarting my OS (Windows 7) and the issue persists. I've defragged multiple times. A few other things. So its not a virus I reinstalled my OS the virus would have been gone.

THE PROBLEM: --> First off on one of the games I first noticed that a black box (its a little transparent and 3D) appeared in the background of the menu of the game. Unusual. Outlines of objects in motion on the screen seem to pop off of the object, if you get what I mean. And then theres the lag during everything. NO matter what I'm playing if its the simplest looking 3D game ever my computer will lag..? Why the [bleep]?
I'm sorry if I wasn't very explanitory. But I tried to keep the text as simple as possible.
SPECS:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name TONY-PC
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Studio 1558
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz, 2266 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A08, 7/22/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Tony-PC\iPod
Time Zone Central Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.80 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.65 GB