Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to set cpu to turbo

• Please log in to reply

bluebody

bluebody

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I just bought an HP Pavilion g7 series 1335dx computer.I am running Windows 7 Home Premium with sp 1 64-bit.In system properties it says that the apu runs at 1.5Ghz. On the HP website,under microprocessor,it says 2.4Ghz/1.5Ghz. I also read somewhere that the apu has a turbo feature to increase processor speed. How do I activate the turbo feature? And how do I change and manipulate processor speed? Thanks in advance for any help with this,

bluebody

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hi bluebody and :welcome:

Note that many CPUs toggle down when idle to conserve power and reduce heat. When the properties windows open, start doing other things with your computer and keep an eye on the speed and I suspect you will see it move back up to full speed.

You might also check out CPUz.

Finally, it is not considered good forum etiquette to "shotgun" post your question across multiple forums. While I understand your desire to get your answers as quickly as possible, working the same problem from different angles at the same time often creates confusion with conflicting advice and unanticipated results. I note you asked the same question here. I would ask when this is resolved that you return to every site you posted this question and post a follow up so those there know the problem has been addressed.