Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Colours are all messed up after widows loads up [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Graham56

Graham56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have just connected computer to a tv with VGA input. It was the same as the monitor in safe mode but when booted up normally it reverted to the same faults
I then changed the cable with the computer I am using now with the same results.
I am using a different computer to post as my own has black letters on a black background and I can only see it if I select text to have a look then type some more. I found that often a lot of the typing just disapeared before I could send it.
I have reconnected to the monitor but left the 2 cables switched as they look the same.
What next?

Advertisements

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi Graham56,

This look like graphic card problem to me but I'm not 100% sure. Let's do malware scan one more time then we'll decide what should we do.

Download Virus Removal Tool from Here to your desktop

Run the programme you have just downloaded to your desktop (it will be randomly named )

First we will run a virus scan

Click the cog in the upper right
Posted Image

Select down to and including your main drive, once done select the Automatic scan tab and press Start Scan
Posted Image

Allow Virus Removal Tool to delete all infections found
Once it has finished select report tab (last tab)
Select Detected threads report from the left and press Save button
Save it to your desktop and attach to your next post

Graham56

Graham56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
There were no detections and there was nothing in the detected threads.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi Graham56,

You should open new topic in Hardware, Components and Peripherals. Give them link to this topic so they can see what we did so far and that your system is virus free.

There are guys that can help you more then me in this meter.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.