Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer is running very slowly [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
I am glad your computer is running well again. We will focus now on your remaining issues. You may let Adobe Flash Player update.

Step 1.

Crossrider is a process that is running on your computer.
It's important to understand that Crossrider is *not* an app or a program but its a *framework* (or a tool) *for developers* to easily create those programs, which are extensions (or add-ons) for Internet Browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox.

If you have encountered an application that was created using Crossrider, you have probably downloaded it from one of the developers who are working with our tool.

Crossrider does not add itself to your windows start menu so it looks like someone else is trying to re-add his Crossrider App to the startup process.

Do you want to continue using Crossrider or not?

Step 2.

Many times email problems or other problems when using web browers are caused by add-ons.

We will now temporarily disable all add-ons and have you try Yahoo Mail.

• Hit Windows Key + R. A run box will open, type “iexplore -extoff” and then click OK.
  • Now go to Yahoo Mail and log in. Does this fix the problem?

Step 3.

Please answer these questions:

Do you want to continue using Crossrider or not?

Did disabling all add-ons fix the Yahoo Mail problem?

Are you using Internet Explorer version 9.0 or some other version?

Edited by CompCav, 15 March 2012 - 06:51 AM.

Advertisements

puthu

puthu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Good morning Comcav,

1) I dont want to use cross rider.
2) I have disabled all add ons
3) I am using IE 8 as you had told me to download. Can I use IE 9 ?? IF so, can you find me a link for which I can download that program as I am still have the same issues with opening my emails in yahoo. Before on IE7 i had no issues, it is after I downloaded IE 8 that I started experiencing this. I feel this program is conflicting with yahoo. I cant forward, send or read any emails. I am currently on a different computer trying to send you this message. Please help.

thanks
allen

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
Step 1.

1. Go to your task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE) and click End Process if you still see the Crossrider process there.
2. Close all IE instances (all IE windows).
3. Uninstall Crossrider from the Control Panel in your Add/Remove Programs.
4. Go to your Program Files directory and check if the CrossriderWebApps directory exists. If its still there delete it *completely* by right clicking on the directory and then select Delete.

Then reboot the computer.

Step 2.

Verify for yourself which version of IE you have, I believe it is now 9.0, by doing this:

• Open IE
  • Click on the Gear on the far right of your IE screen.
  • Click on About Internet Explorer You should see IE 9.0 followed by some other numbers.

I have reviewed your problem with Yahoo Mail at the Yahoo site. Here are the steps they suggest:

The first step you already have done. But I am including it again:

Please perform the following steps:

1.Sign in to Yahoo! Mail.
2.Click the Options menu in the upper-left corner, and select Mail Options from the pull-down list. (For Mail Classic, this is in the upper-right corner.)
3.On the left side of the page, click General Options.
4.To save your changes, close the Options tab. (If you are a Mail Classic user, click Save Changes.)

Please note: In the steps above, you don't need to change any settings within the General Options menu; the action of clicking “Save changes” within the General Options menu may fix the issue.

Close the web browser after making the changes and then reopen it and try your Yahoo! Mail.

If this step works please let me know, if it does not continue to the next step.

Step 3.

Clear the browser cache

Reopen IE.
Click the Tools Button (Gear) on the far right.
Click Safety
Click Delete browsing history
Make sure the boxes are checked and unchecked like you see in the picture below:
Posted Image
Click Delete

Close the web browser after making the changes and then reopen it and try your Yahoo! Mail.

If this step works please let me know, if it does not continue to the next step.

Step 4.

Reset Web Browser

Reopen IE.
Click the Tools Button (Gear) on the far right.
Click Internet options
Click the Advanced tab
Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset...
Click Reset
Click Close

Close the web browser after making the changes.
Reboot the computer and then reopen it and try your Yahoo! Mail.

Please let me know the status of your Yahoo Mail.

puthu

puthu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Hi Comcav,

I am on a diff computer sending you this email as i cant access any of emails from yahoo, I dont have that problem in hotmail. However, I am going to follow the steps you have quoted above for which i did not get a notification in yahoo mail. thats why the delayed reply.

I was wondering why I hadnt got a reply from you. I just logged in separately to find that you had already sent me these steps.. hang on will get back to you after i re run my computer.
thanks

puthu

puthu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
i did step 1 : I got a message again : application similar to PDM invader loader allowed.

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
OK continue.

Regards,

compCav

puthu

puthu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Yes, the internet explorer says version 9. To be honest I never seen the save icon in the general options menu until now. I swear it didnt show before. Now I am able to read my emails and send emails. Wow... lets try some more emails. I will get back to you shortly. Should I proceed to step 3 and step 4 ?

Awaiting reply.

Regards
Allen

puthu

puthu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I keep getting these message : Behaviour similar to PDM invader loader allowed, Behavirous similar to DNS query allowed. I get these messages every time I reboot the computer.

Thanks
Allen

I will get back to you to you about Yahoo. STandby.

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
If emails are working you do not need to continue the steps. I am glad they are working now!

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts

I keep getting these message : Behaviour similar to PDM invader loader allowed, Behavirous similar to DNS query allowed. I get these messages every time I reboot the computer.

Is this still an issue? If so what application is loading when the messages show up?

Advertisements

puthu

puthu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Hi Comcav,

It is working perfectly now. Thanks to you my computer is running faster than I the day I bought it. You put in so much effort and hard work. Thank you for putting up with my frustrations and patiently working with me through this issue. It was an important issue and I really had a lot of work to be done on my computer. You made my life easy. I really recommend you to anyone who needs help with a computer issue. You are Great !

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Best regards
Allen

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
Glad it is working well now!

Regards,

CompCav

p.s. I will have a closing post for you tomorrow to aid you in preventing further infections.

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
Subject to no further problems

Your log now appears clean :thumbsup:

The following steps will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:Commands
    [resethosts]
    [emptytemp]
    [Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done

Run OTL and hit the Cleanup button. It will remove all the programs we have used plus itself.

Posted Image
Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.
Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application.

Upgrading Java:
  • Go to this site and click Do I have Java
  • It will check your current version and then offer to update to the latest version

Update Adobe Reader

Recently there have been vunerabilities detected in older versions of Adobe Reader. It is strongly suggested that you update to the current version.

Uninstall all previous versions.
Download the latest version from: http://www.adobe.com.../readstep2.html

If you already have Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition installed or do not wish to have it installed UNcheck the box which says Also Download Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition.

If you do not like Adobe Reader (53 MB), you can download Foxit PDF Reader(7 MB) from here. It is a much smaller file to download and uses a lot less resources than Adobe Reader.

Note: When installing FoxitReader, be careful, do not install anything to do with AskBar.

SPRING CLEAN

To manually create a new Restore Point
  • Go to Control Panel and select System
  • Select System
  • On the left select System Protection and accept the warning if you get one
  • Select System Protection Tab
  • Select Create at the bottom
  • Type in a name i.e. Clean
  • Select Create

Now we can purge the infected ones
  • GoStart > All programs > Accessories > system tools
  • Right click Disc cleanup and select run as administrator
  • Select Your main drive and accept the warning if you get one
  • For a few moments the system will make some calculations
  • Select the More Options tab
  • In the System Restore and Shadow Backups select Clean up
  • Select Delete on the pop up
  • Select OK
  • Select Delete

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programs:
Posted Image
Malwarebytes. Update and run weekly to keep your system clean

Download and install FileHippo update checker and run it monthly it will show you which programs on your system need updating and give a download link

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated. To keep your operating system up to date visit

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?

Keep safe :wave:

puthu

puthu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
here is the otl scan :
All processes killed
========== COMMANDS ==========
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\Hosts moved successfully.
HOSTS file reset successfully

[EMPTYTEMP]

User: All Users

User: Allen
->Temp folder emptied: 13720652 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 176014650 bytes
->Java cache emptied: 0 bytes
->Google Chrome cache emptied: 0 bytes
->Flash cache emptied: 584 bytes

User: Default
->Temp folder emptied: 0 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 33170 bytes
->Flash cache emptied: 0 bytes

User: Default User
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 0 bytes
->Flash cache emptied: 0 bytes

User: Public

%systemdrive% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32 .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32\drivers .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
Windows Temp folder emptied: 5116312 bytes
%systemroot%\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 0 bytes
RecycleBin emptied: 1244006 bytes

Total Files Cleaned = 187.00 mb

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.39.2 log created on 03222012_090614

Files\Folders moved on Reboot...
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\T9S1APRQ\0[1].htm moved successfully.
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\T9S1APRQ\0[2].htm moved successfully.
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\T9S1APRQ\csc-render[1].htm moved successfully.
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\QQAX1PUP\fc[1].htm moved successfully.
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\QQAX1PUP\_;ord=0[1].htm moved successfully.
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\D53RQPCY\0[1].htm moved successfully.
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\D53RQPCY\0[2].htm moved successfully.
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\D53RQPCY\ext-render-secure[1].htm moved successfully.
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\8L2LJ4WE\launch[1].htm moved successfully.
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\2NOFD5LA\fastbutton[1].htm moved successfully.
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\2NOFD5LA\_;ord=0[1].htm moved successfully.
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\AntiPhishing\ED8654D5-B9F0-4DD9-B3E8-F8F560086FDF.dat moved successfully.
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\MSIMGSIZ.DAT moved successfully.
C:\Users\Allen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\SuggestedSites.dat moved successfully.
File\Folder C:\Windows\temp\klsCD39.tmp not found!

Registry entries deleted on Reboot...

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
Thanks it looks fine!

CompCav