Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting up

• Please log in to reply

WannabeGeek2

WannabeGeek2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi geeks :)

I recently bought my own web space and domain name (via 123-reg) and am currently building my new site,I have manage to build the welcome page successfully,including a guest book,however the forum included in my package doesn't give me admin rights so I have set up an independent invisionfree forum,so my question is simply how do I attach my forum to my web page?
I have tried using FileZilla but have been unsuccessful so far. Please help!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
What forum is included in your package? SMF and PHP are usually offered. Invisionfree is not designed to host on your own domain (last I checked).

WannabeGeek2

WannabeGeek2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi and thanks for responding quickly...the forum attached to the web space doesn't allow admin access so i have no idea who runs it,it is simply a page already attached which you can simply tick a box to use (the site i am using to build web page is Instantsite if that helps). Invisionfree can be attached as a dog rescue i volunteer for uses it as a forum for their web page but they have no idea how to attach it as they enlisted 'outside' help to set up their webpages and forum :S I'd rather avoid the cost of using 'outside' help if i can and attach the forum myself...if you can help me i'd be forever grateful :D

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I took a quick look at instasite, and it doesn't appear you can use a self-hosted forum. I'm not a real fan of invisionfree. I know they make it difficult, and expensive should you ever decide to migrate away from their site. In fact, that's the problem with most free hosted forums. Consider http://www.proboards.com