Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Graphics/display problem

• Please log in to reply

Jonesey

Jonesey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Keyboard & mouse now appear to be working ok.

I need the pc for this evening and I'm loathe to switch it off at the moment, but I'll get back to it soon.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts

Keyboard & mouse now appear to be working ok. How was this achieved?
I need the pc for this evening and I'm loathe to switch it off at the moment, but I'll get back to it soon.
No worries.

Jonesey

Jonesey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Phill, I shut down the pc & plugged the wireless USB ion, rebooted and both sets of peripherals wokred ok.

I shut down again, unplugged the wireless combo & rebooted, and the wireless combo was immedistely detected.

In the BIOS, I did enable the option which originally said:

USB Mouse Function - Disabled, both by gut instinct and I see you also recommended I do this,

Edited by Jonesey, 25 February 2012 - 06:39 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Ok thanks for letting us know as it may help others in the future if they read your topic.
You said previously that you cannot try the video card in another slot due to other components, what components please.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,575 posts
What freq. is the video card set to (screen refresh rate)? If it is set high, you might try dropping it down and see if things work better.

Jonesey

Jonesey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Switched pc on this morning, booted straight to User logon without a single hitch.

I've dropped the screen refresh rate down from 60Hz to 59Hz, and the screen resolution went a little funky. I dropped it further to 57Hz and it was even worse - and, trying to change the resolution back to something readable also cause the refresh rate jump back to 60Hz.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,575 posts
You don't really want to go below 60hz. You could try faster, but I don't think that is what the issue is. Generally if you go too fast, you can have a problem.