Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Managing Plugins

• Please log in to reply

bazza

bazza

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
Often when I try to enter a site (often music) I get a message saying "The Plugin Is Disabled" and another saying "Manage Plugins" When I click on this my Firefox plugins page comes up and all available plugins are marked as "enabled". What is the problem here?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Can you provide a link to one of the sites you get this message at?

bazza

bazza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
http://www.radioio.c...nels/real-jazz/

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
http://support.mozil...hooting Plugins

they may be marked as enabled but that does not mean that they are WORKING.

Please see the link and click on the right plug-in check

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
On that same link, see the section labeled: Re-initializing the plugins database

bazza

bazza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I tried your suggestions guys but the problem was still there. Received various messages including one that said I had no plugins! Finally went into Firefox/help/add-ons. All were enabled. I went through all one-at-a-time, disabling each one and trying to connect again. If problem was still there I enabled it again the tried the next one. Eventually I found the culprit...Shockwave Flash 11.1.102.62. This is now disabled and everything's working fine. Thanks to you both for your help.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Pleased you solved it - that information was on the link I sent you

If you are having problems with pages that use plugins (such as Flash, Windows Media Player, Java, and more)

This article describes how to troubleshoot plugins. If you are having a problem with an extension or theme, see Troubleshooting extensions and themes. For general information on plugins, see Using plugins with Firefox.

Table of Contents

On the page at which it opens, have you NOW continued on that page with the problem solving as you will need shockwave flash for other applications

bazza

bazza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Thanks again.