Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

slacking at work

• Please log in to reply

cm60854

cm60854

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'm trying to get the MMORPG "a tale in the desert II" to work on my work computer, but unfortunately the program doesn't support non transparent proxies. Any suggestions on how to over come this would be great.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Try checking with the IT Dept. and see if they can fix it??

Or, perhaps you aren't supposed to be using the work system for personal reasons so you can't check with the IT Dept and that's why you can here?? :tazz:

Murray

cm60854

cm60854

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Actually I am the IT department, I work at a small school in South Australia, our Internet is set up by the state education department, so no I can't ask the IT department for help that's why I came here. and if I seem undereducated it's because I'm only a trainee.

Edited by cm60854, 02 June 2005 - 08:15 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Then, I would check with whomever setup you net.. I wouldn't press it too hard though as they set it up that way for a reason !! Perhaps to keep users on the straight and narrow??

Murray