Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Graduation present help?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello guys/gals!
Graduating this year and my parents have decided to get me something nice. (:
I'm looking to build my own gaming computer with a budget between $1,000.00 - $1,500.00~
The games I plan on playing are;
World of Warcraft
Starcraft II
League of Legends
Call of Duty bluh bluh bluuuh
and other games I now will have the opportunity to play.

I already have a monitor the corner says HP w1907 not sure what that means. Its dimensions are 1440x900 so I don't want to get a new one as I like this one.

I'm wanting to build a computer from scratch that won't have any trouble playing my music and game with out any lag and still have room to do other things.

Want to help me out? (: I was planning on buying an Alienware computer but I decided against it.
Looking for someone to tell me everything a computer needs minus a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. And then help me choose items to fill those slots that can meet my standards. The budget is apprx so if it's a little more don't be afraid to post it!

Thanks in advanced!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi Airbot ;)

I will help you build an Awesome Gaming Computer. First though, are you / your parents ready to buy now? Or, will you be waiting a few months, etc... to graduate? The reason I ask is that technology and the prices of that technology change so quickly that it's best to inquire about a build when you are ready to buy. Designing one now, would prove useless if not buying for a couples of months or more.

Answer that first and we'll take it from there. :thumbsup: